What form’s of ID can you accept

In order to cover a driver on our insurance we must receive copies of driving licences and address verification prior to collection of the campervan. If we do not receive these a minimum of 1 week in advance, regrettably we may have to cancel your hire.

From the 1st of June 2015 the DVLA will no longer issue paper driving licenses and driving history will be checked online using the DVLA website. Unfortunately we are unable to do this for you, you must check it online and share the information using the DVLA license check website. Please click the link and follow the on screen instructions. You will need your Driving License number and National Insurance number to do so.

Please either send us the code, valid for 72 hours and we will check online, or save the information and email to us with all the information below.

Additionally we need copies of the following:

    • Driving licence photo-card (if old style licence with no photo-card, we can accept this but we will require another form of photographic ID, such as a passport to support it.)
    • 2 forms of address ID from the list below:
    1. Utility bill (Water, gas, electric or land line phone bill)
    2. Bank statement
    3. Mortgage statement or rental contract
    4. Council tax bill

(These must confirm the address your booking is made in, drivers name and be dated within 3 months of your hire)

We are able to accept online copies of bills and bank statements if you do not receive postal copies, but a date must be visible in the screenshot.

Please send copies of the above to insurance@theglampervanhirecompany.com and quote your booking reference in the subject field.

On the day of collection, please bring your driving licence.  All drivers will also need to sign a copy of the hire agreement and therefore must be present at the point of collection. If a driver is unable to be present on collection, please contact us a minimum of one week prior of collection to discuss alternative arrangements.

Posted in: General